We’re Upcall, the #1 on-demand calling platform powered by U.S based callers. We power hundreds of companies in verticals like marketing, on-demand economy, real-estate and software.
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer Lead to join our small and agile team and grow with one of the most disruptive companies from Y Combinator W17!
Our Product Designer will turn interfaces into rich user experiences, working with the team as you model user behavior, create wireframes, and design interface concepts. To succeed, you must understand how to make something beautiful and insanely functional. You’ll work closely with the CEO and the Engineering team.
You will be our fully dedicated product person and be the bridge between the engineering and business teams.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSABILITIES:
- Translate the company’s product vision into an executable plan
- Analyze user behavior and translate these insights into design concepts, user journeys, wireframes and high fidelity prototypes
- Ability to evaluate/audit user experience flows and provide actionable suggestions on optimization
- Design Web-based interfaces for our SaaS platform, considering all aspects of the user experience such as the site’s target customers, set goals, and user workflows.
- Well-versed in current Web standards, including best practices for usability and accessibility. Both areas require a good eye for design and close attention to detail.
- User empathy & experience with conducting lightweight user research and persona development
- Collaborate on product requirements with the team and our customers, then bring that plan to market
- Work alongside engineering to ensure the requirements are built to spec, deployed to a quality level, and provide the results you predicted
- Evangelize and demonstrate best practices in heuristics, usability and user-centric design
- Research and monitor current trends and best practices related to user interaction and experience design
- Ensure design goals are aligned with user needs through usability tests, A/B tests or other methods of validation
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strong background in both UX as well as visual product design for user-centric SaaS companies, +5 years of experience
- Experience taking ideas from conception to release for SaaS products
- Quantitative and user behavior analysis skills
- Critical thinker - Ability to identify root causes of problems
- Strong communications skills - from ideation to requirements gathering, building consensus across teams, and driving product execution
- Extensive experience working with Engineering and Growth teams
- Experience working in a startup and iterating in quick cycles
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Background in development is a huge plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative development environment
- Highly organized and ability to be self-managed
- Flexible Vacation
- Competitive salary
- Our Office features all the snacks and coffee you can consume
- World-class healthcare, including dental and vision
- Easy access to BART, CalTain, and MUNI
- Team happy hours and events